GATE SAINT VINCENT "TODAY IT IS THE MAIN ENTRANCE OF THE CITY"
This gate was built in 1708. The original cove is filled with sea and the city is connected with a sandbank called "Le Sillon". At high tide, it is an island and at low tide, a peninsula.
The current dyke made of granite dates from 1733.
The 2 Coats of Arms appear on the front gate :
On the left, the Coats of Arms of the City. On the right, it symbolizes the Coat of Arms of the Duchy of Brittany.