Before leaving, how about checking:
- the weather
- the tide times, in case of a seaside route.
- the weather & the duration of the route, so as not to be surprised by the night!
- the difficulty of the course
- his return by public transport, you can consult the page “Getting around”
- his equipment
- A comfortable outfit, hiking shoes, we avoid flip-flops & stilettos!
- A windbreaker in case and yes we are in Brittany! But we also provide sunscreen and sunglasses, because yes we are in Brittany!
- A towel for impromptu swimming!
- What to eat and what to drink!
- A camera for vintage or a smartphone
- Prevention: Beware of selfie accidents! Either you are badly framed or you fall!
- The smartphone useful also for GPS & the Saint-Malo Tour App with all the hikes of our destination.
- A good old hiking guide and a compass can also do the trick!
In order to preserve all of these landscapes and environments that we enjoy so much, a few good deeds, to keep in mind, are essential in order to preserve the landscape as you left it.
- I stay on existing, marked trails, roads, and bike and mountain bike routes
- I don’t ride on trails that are off-limits to bikes
- I avoid locking my wheels when braking
- I don’t pick plants or take animals
- shhh! I avoid unnecessary noise (shouting, music) especially at dawn or dusk when animals perform an important part of their vital activity
- I do not leave my waste on the site, even biodegradable waste. Some organic waste takes several months to completely disappear and enriches the soil