Allée couverte, mégalithes
Historic site and monument at Mesnil-Roc'h
- 15 m long with 8 tables. Called "House es Feins" or "House of the Fairies", this covered alley is one of the thirty-five megaliths protected as Historical Monuments on the department Ille-et-Vilaine (1889). There remain only two closing stones of the chamber, each bearing four half-spheres of low relief. We see the symbols of female deities testifying to the introduction of the cult of the "Great Goddess" in our region during the third millennium BC. In the vicinity of this one, a concrete masonry bollard during the first excavations carried out by Miss Collum and Sir Robert Mond in 1931.
- All year
Add a review
There is no review about Allée Couverte, Mégalithes, be the first to leave one !