© Charles Crié
- The date of the construction of the church is undetermined but it is made first mention in 1122: "ecclesia de sancto brioceo". In the middle of the 17th century, it was partly rebuilt on Romanesque remains, visible on the south wall of the nave. The east wall of the sacristy contains the arms of the Le Roux family, lord of Rivaudais in the 15th century. The bell tower is topped with a Lent roof, in the Romano-Byzantine style, made by Arthur Regnault. The stained glass windows of the 19th and 20th centuries are signed Chauvel (1859) and Klein (1936). The glass roof entitled "How Saint-Brieuc soothed the wolves and converted the pagans" was offered in 1938 by the Le Ray de la Garde family from Clairville. The church is consecrated on July 22, 1658 by Mgr Kerouan, bishop of Ireland, represented on the stained glass window.
- All year
Add a review
There is no review about Eglise Saint-Brieuc, be the first to leave one !