Total Quality Approach
Destination Saint-Malo Baie du Mont-Saint-Michel welcomes more than 500,000 visitors a year.
- 12 expert holiday advisers at your service, ready to help you discover the region throughout the year. A reinforced and qualified team in season.
- 6 information offices on our destination; Saint-Malo, Cancale, Dol-de-Bretagne, Saint-Suliac, Saint-Coulomb & Combourg.
- 1 mobile reception in very high season.
We are present to advise you before and during your stay; by phone, e-mail, at the reception desk and with a live chat. A question ? Do not hesitate ... We are here to inform you, with pleasure!
The Saint-Malo tourist office obtained the QUALITÉ TOURISME brand in 2015 and is currently working to renew it, following the creation of a new inter-community office joining the inter-municipalities of Saint-Malo Agglomeration, Pays de Dol Baie du Mont-Saint-Michel and Bretagne Romantique.
The QUALITY TOURISM ™ award: what is it?
Created by the ministry in charge of the French tourism, this is the recognition of the procedures of continuous improvement of the quality of services set up by the Tourist Offices. An audit is conducted every 3 years. It is a pledge of trust and quality of service between professionals and visitors.
Category I commitments:
- provide you with an easily accessible reception and information space
- facilitate your procedures
- offer you free WiFi access
- be open at least 305 days a year, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays included during tourist periods
- reply to your letters all year round
- provide a permanent reception service run by staff speaking at least two foreign languages
- ensure the supply of tourist guides and maps on paper
- give you an access to its website in several languages dedicated and suitable for consultation via embedded media
- distribute tourist information on paper translated into at least two foreign languages relating to all classified tourist accommodation including at least the name of the establishment, postal address, email, website address, telephone number, the level of classification; cultural, natural or leisure monuments and tourist sites which may include the indication of user fees, periods and hours of opening to the public, the website and postal telephone coordinates; events and entertainment; to emergency telephone numbers.
- update tourist information
- display emergency telephone numbers outside
- present all the qualified offer in its area of intervention for all customers
- give you access to the consultation of the availability of classified accommodation
- process your complaints and measure your satisfaction
- offer a tourist information service integrating new information and communication technologies (social networks, mobile telephony, geolocation, etc.)
- observe the requirements of the Qualité Tourisme brand
- guarantee the reliability and topical of information on the local tourist offer
Our Quality commitments:
- a personalized welcome
- a qualified, clear and precise information
- a competent staff at your service
- a comfortable space
- consideration of your opinions and treatment of your complaints
- continuous improvement of services
The staff of the tourist office must:
- be available and attentive to each request
- welcome warmly and courteously
- provide accurate and complete information on the services offered in the area with regard to local tourist activities
- have irreproachable behaviour throughout the reception
- constantly improve the reception service from the quality indicators set up
Information and services available:
- local documentation: maps, accommodation, leisure, events, plans ... in several languages
- departmental, regional and national documentation
- local weatherforecast over several days
- tide times
- transport (bus, train, boat)
- programs of events
- sale of various items (posters, books, souvenir medal, hiking and road maps)
The tools of the tourist office
- an online reservation center
- an information panel accessible 24/24 I Saint-Malo and Saint-Coulomb
- an accessible and mobile-first website
- a live chat
- a mobile application
The opening hours are arranged according to the season, and may be adapted. 832/5000
The Tourist Office of Saint-Malo
The Tourist Office has been labeled Tourism & Handicap since December 2015 for hearing, mental and motor disabilities.
Created by the State Secretariat for Consumer Affairs and Tourism in 2001, the "Tourism and Handicap" label is a national brand which qualifies the reception and accessibility of tourist sites and facilities, for people with visual disabilities, auditory, motor and mental.
This is the guarantee of an efficient welcome adapted to the needs and demand of people with disabilities who wish to go on vacation like everyone else.
More generally, the Community Tourist Office, Saint-Malo Bay of Mont-Saint-Michel is aware of this approach to identifying the tourist offer adapted throughout its territory.
The Tourist Office is committed to an ecotourism approach, raising the awareness of its visitors to the respect of the environment, proposing outings on the coast with a naturalist guide, digitisation of information, public transport alternatives etc.
Does sustainable tourism interests you? Do Consult the Regional Tourism Committee of Brittany whose objective is to make every effort to find the balance between the economic, social and environmental aspects of the tourist economy. More information about eco-labels and the sustainable approach here.