Total Quality Approach
In order to offer a a high-performance service and a warm welcome to the customers coming to our tourist office or contacting us, we have been engaged in the recognized QUALITY TOURISM™ approach, proposed by the Regional Federation of Tourist Offices and Tourist Information Enters of Brittany, since 2006.
The Tourist Office of Saint-Malo obtained the QUALITY TOURISM TM award in 2015.
The Tourist Office of Saint-Malo is classified as a Category I service, belonging to the "Tourist Offices of France" network.
The QUALITY TOURISM ™ award: what is it?
Created by the ministry in charge of the French tourism, this is the recognition of the procedures of continuous improvement of the quality of services set up by the Tourist Offices. An audit is conducted every 3 years. It is a pledge of trust and quality of service between professionals and visitors.
It comits its members to
- providing you with an easily accessible reception area and information space
- facilitating your interaction with us
- offering you
Our quality commitments:
- a personalised welcome
- qualified, clear and precise information,
- a competent and attentive staff
- a comfortable space
- consideration of your opinions and treatment of your complaints
- continuous improvement of services
The staff of the tourist office must:
- be available and attentive to each request
- welcome warmly and courteously
- provide accurate and complete information on the services offered in the area and with regard to local tourism activities
- have irreproachable behaviour throughout the reception
- constantly improve the reception service from the quality indicators set up
Information and services available
- local documentation: maps, accommodation, leisure, events, plans ... in several languages
- a history sheet available in 8 languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Japanese
- departmental, regional and national documentation
- information on sports, cultural societies
- local weather over several days
- tide times
- transport (bus, train, boat)
- programs of events
- emergency services
- sale of various items (posters, books, souvenir medal, hiking and road maps, telephone cards)
The tools of the tourist office
- an online reservation centre
- an information panel accessible 24/24
- a website updated daily
The opening hours are arranged according to the season, and may be adapted.
The Tourist Office is committed to an ecotourism approach, raising the awareness of its visitors to the respect of the environment, proposing outings on the coast with a naturalist guide, digitisation of information, public transport alternatives etc.
Does sustainable tourism interests you? Do Consult the Regional Tourism Committee of Brittany whose objective is to make every effort to find the balance between the economic, social and environmental aspects of the tourist economy. More information about eco-labels and the sustainable approach here.